Squirrel infestations occur for a number of reasons. Overpopulation, change in season or temperature, or simply an easy opening in the roofing or siding of your home. While it isn’t always easy to tell what kind of animal has moved in, there are some signs to look for when you think you may have an unexpected bushy-tailed guest hanging out in your walls or attic. Here are a few things to look out for to determine if you have a squirrel infestation.
- Droppings or urine around your home
- Strange scampering, gnawing, or jumping sounds coming from your attic, chimney, walls, or vents
- Damage to the outer panels or roofline of your house
- Chewed out wires or attic damage such as holes, urine stains, or droppings
- Garden damage
- Gnawed or damaged tiles on your roof
- Strange odors
- Damaged or chewed outdoor furniture
- Unexplainable water damage to your ceiling or walls
What to Do
If you suspect you have a squirrel infestation, it is best that you handle it as soon as possible. If untreated, squirrels can go on to cause thousands of dollars in damage. Squirrels can be difficult to remove, so be sure to consult a professional, rather than attempting to get rid of squirrels on your own.
Our expert staff at Critter Control® has years of experience in removing all types of animals from Florida homes, and will happily perform a Free Animal Entry Home Inspection to make sure your home and family is safe. Call 305-363-7136 today to schedule your free consultation.