While many people domesticate mice to keep them as pets, wild mice should never be allowed to live in your home. They may look cute, but if you detect signs of a mice infestation, call Critter Control® of Miami right away.
Signs You May Have a Mouse Problem
Some common signs to look for when trying to determine if you have rodent issues include:
- Unusual noises in your attic, cabinets, or behind the drywall
- Food items in your pantry are chewed open
- Evidence of mice droppings
- Wood, drywall, electrical wiring, or plumbing pipes have chew or claw marks
- Physical sighting of mice
Why Mice Are a Problem
Mice make their way inside your home in search of food, water, and shelter. However, they can cause physical damage and costly repairs by:
- Chewing through electrical wires, which can create house fires, plumbing, or flooding issues
- Contaminating your food, causing health risks through droppings, fleas, mites, and ticks
- Causing structural damage by using materials such as ductwork and insulation for nesting as well as gnawing on wood, which helps shorten their continually growing incisors
Trust Us with Your Mice Infestation Issues
At Critter Control® of Miami, we understand that having wild animals inside your home and on your property can be stressful. Because mice can reproduce at alarming rates, you want to call us as soon as possible to avoid having to deal with a more extensive infestation. For more information or to schedule a free home inspection, call us today at 305-363-7136 or fill out a form online.