Rodents in your home are a serious cause for concern. They bring in diseases that can infect your family, and they can cause hundreds or thousands of dollars in damage to your home. Calling a professional is the best option for keeping your home safe, though there are a variety of avenues they can take in ridding your home of the unwanted vermin.
To Trap or Not to Trap?
There are various reasons why your critter removal professional may decide to trap rodents instead of exterminate them:
- If the homeowner has dogs or cats, traps offer a safer avenue than poison. If your animal consumed the poison directly, or caught one of the poisoned rodents, there could be deadly results.
- It is cheaper to use traps if there are only a few rodents in your premises. It saves you higher costs of the chemicals.
- Use of traps ensures predators that eat rodents will not die as a result of consuming poisoned rats that may escape your home before death.
Why Should You Hire a Professional?
Rodents can be aggressive. If you are unprepared for the encounter you may endanger yourself or a family member. To ensure you rid all the rodents from your home, it’s important you hire a professional rodent trapper for the following reasons:
- A professional rodent trapper will be more conclusive. Their expertise and experience will ensure that the rodents are gone for the long haul as opposed to doing it yourself where you risk being incomprehensive. You also risk leaving pests in your attic or walls that you either missed, or killed and begin decaying.
- A professional will also be more adept and safe. The efficient use of resources and experience dealing with wild animals will not only save you money, but also keep you and your family safe and ensure the rodents are gone for good.
Discovered Critters – Now What?
Once you discover the possibility of rodents in your home. You must act quickly. Rodents pose many dangers to you and your home such as:
- Rodents can be carriers of highly dangerous diseases that may affect the health of your family leaving you with medical bills and ill health of your loved ones.
- Rodents can chew through just about anything. When trapped in a home, they often chew through the walls or, more importantly, through the wiring of your home which is costly to repair and increases your chance of electrical fires.
- Rodents can attract other pests and animals into your home. Predators such as snakes feed on rodents and can sneak into your home to search for their prey.
Call Your Rodent Experts
As soon as you hear the pitter patter of paws in your attic, give Critter Control® of Miami a call at 305-363-7136 to discuss the best course of action with our rodent trapping experts and to schedule your free inspection. With more than 30 years in business and a removal and exclusion guarantee, you can ensure you’re in good hands.