Squirrels typically leave humans alone, unless of course you have food outdoors, which they may not be shy to go after. You may think nothing of the squirrels running through your yard and in your trees, but they can cause serious issues if they get inside your home.
Signs of an Infestation
If a squirrel’s population becomes large enough, you could have a severe infestation on your hands. Signs to look for include:
- Nesting – Discovering nests in trees, hollow openings in tree trunks, or nests in your attic insulation could mean squirrels are inhabiting the area and making your house their home.
- Spotting squirrels – Seeing squirrels run down utility lines, on top of fences, or climbing onto your roof could be another sign squirrels are living on your property. An abundance of squirrels could mean they are using your home for shelter.
- Divots in your lawn – Holes in your yard could be due to a squirrel digging for food to eat, a place to hide their food.
- Sounds inside your home – If you hear running, scratching, or vocal sounds coming from your attic or behind your walls, the inside of your home could be infested.
- Chewing evidence – You will most likely notice chew marks on wires, as well as damaged attic insulation if you have a squirrel infestation. They frequently use the insulation to build their nests.
- Urine and droppings – Do not attempt to clean an animal’s waste on your own, especially without the proper protection. Let an expert do this job as it can contain unwanted germs and bacteria.
Whether you’ve noticed signs of an infestation within your home or you want to ensure the plethora of squirrels on your property cannot gain access to your home, contact Critter Control® of Miami for a free inspection.
Let us Help
When faced with a squirrel infestation, don’t panic, and never try to handle wild animals on your own. With more than 30 years of experience, Critter Control® of Miami knows how to safely and humanely remove unwanted critters from your home or business. Call us today at 305-258-3587 for more information or to schedule your free consultation.