Have you noticed some odd noises coming from your attic? Perhaps you’ve seen dark smudges along your walls, or even a few droppings in your cupboards?
Pesky rodents in the attic are the likely cause of these irritants. There are three types of rodents that love taking up residence above your home; rats, mice, and squirrels.
Why Remove Them?
While the droppings and greasy stains are reason enough to remove them, rodents can also cause serious damage to your home by chewing electrical wires which can cause a potential for house fires, damaging home infrastructure, and spreading sicknesses.
Here are the telltale signs that you have rodents in the attic:
- Droppings– often the first sign of an infestation, rodent droppings tend to be dark in color, with rat, mouse, and squirrel droppings being about the size of a grain of rice.
- Chewing marks– rodents have teeth that must be trimmed continuously to prevent overgrowth, so you will find gnaw marks on personal items and cables
- Scratching noises-rodents scurry around in attics, crawl spaces, under floorboards, and anywhere else they can get into
- Tracks– rodents don’t have good eyesight and tend to use the same paths to get around your house, so you may find dark marks or smudges along walls and floorboards
- Nests and burrows– rodents build these with organic or man-made materials, such as newspapers, to shelter their young
Get Expert Help
It may be tempting to try to remove rodents from your attic yourself, but remember, these pests are dangerous. They can attack and bite if you attempt to get rid of them, causing infections and transmitting diseases. Let the experts at Critter Control® Miami take care of them for you. We’ll remove the rodents in a safe and humane way, and clean up after them as well. We’ll also patch up any entry points they may have made to prevent any future infestations. Call us today for a free consultation at 305-363-7136.