Bats are an invaluable part of the ecosystem here in Miami; they are one of the most effective forms of natural insect control and are protected by law. But just because they’re an important part of nature doesn’t mean they have a place inside your home. If you’ve discovered bats living in your attic, getting them out safely and efficiently should be a top priority.
- Bat guano is corrosive in nature and is known to cause thousands of dollars of property damage each year
- If bat guano is allowed to accumulate in your home, it can potentially spread unwanted germs to you and your family
Because bats are protected by federal law in many areas, we always recommend professional removal in the event that they do take up residence in your attic or on your property.
Signs of bat activity include:
- Fluttering or scratching from your walls or ceiling, especially in the early hours of the morning, or right around dusk as this is when they enter and exit
- If your attic is quiet other than those parts of the day, there is a good chance that you have another type of critter like a rodent or even a raccoon in your attic
- Large accumulations of bat waste (guano) near the entrances and exits to your attic. This is because bats often relieve themselves just before entering or exiting a building
If bats have begun to take over your home, don’t wait to take action. The expert technicians at Critter Control® of Miami have the tools and knowledge necessary to get the critters out while keeping you and them safe. Contact us today at 305-363-7136 with any questions, or to schedule your consultation.