When rats find their way onto your property or even into your home, the results are often more than just annoying. These critters can squeeze through even the smallest of holes in your roof soffits or the siding on your home, and once inside they quickly set out to nest and reproduce. Here’s what you need to know about rodent infestations to keep you, your family, and your home safe.
Types of Rodents to Look For
The critters most commonly found inside homes include:
- Squirrels – As the largest of the most common rodents we see, squirrels can do a lot of damage when left alone in your walls or attic. They commonly chew on things like insulation, wiring, and wooden structures – resulting in expensive damage.
- Mice – Don’t let their small size fool you, if mice are left alone to nest, they can almost triple their size in a matter of weeks. The larger your infestation grows, the harder it will be to get them out.
- Rats – They love your attic because it’s safe and warm, and has plenty of nesting materials for them. Unfortunately for you, those materials are hard to get to, so rats need to chew through your drywall and other obstacles to rip it out.
Know the Signs
Common signs of a rodent infestation include:
- Rodent droppings or urine around your home
- Squeaking, scratching, or pitter-patter noises coming from your walls or ceiling
- Ripped up materials like cardboard, paper, insulation, or other nesting materials
- Bite marks or holes in food packaging
How We Can Help
When you’re faced with a rodent infestation, you can rest assured knowing that the technicians here at Critter Control® of Miami are the best around. With over three decades of animal control and removal experience, we’ve refined our removal methods to perfection. To schedule a home consultation, or if you have any questions about our rodent removal services, contact us today at 305-258-3587.